Garden Cafe Busser
Responsible for food and beverage distribution, in accordance with hotel standards. They must be able to interact with our guests and co-workers. They must pre-set, buss & pre-buss, fill waters, retrieve bread and openly communicate information to that table’s appropriate server.
Experience Required: at least one-year previous bussing experience. Applicant must be 18 years of age or older, have or be prepared to obtain a Food Handling certificate.
- Ability to adequately perform any and all duties associated with the line positions.
- Knowledge of various food and beverage standards enforced by the hotel
- Ability to communicate, in English, with guests, management, and co-workers.
- Previous experience with running or delivering food.
- Ability to adhere to the hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment, product, and wares.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining required standards of operation in daily food and beverage outlets.
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guests and hotel information.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Accomplishing a set list of side work duties in a timely manner.
- Abiding by all the guest service standards.
- Maintaining specified levels of cleanliness within the outlet.
- Responsible for adhering to all State, Federal and local laws as they pertain to the sale and service of food and beverage products.
- Responsible for monitoring the actions of guests and staff ensuring proper health and safety standards are met.
- At all times provides a favorable image of The Grand America Hotel to promote its aim and objectives.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
- Will be available to assist servers by; running food &/or drink orders, expedite food, buss, pre-buss, set & pre-set tables, fill waters, retrieve bread and openly communicate information to the table’s appropriate server.
How to Apply
Download an application for employment in PDF format and fax it back to us at 801-258-6010. All applications must be completed in full before being considered for a position with Grand America Hotels & Resorts. You can also email your resume and a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply in person please visit our Employment Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grand America Employment Center
520 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please enter at 520 South State Street (this is the door just left of the receiving and delivery entrance).
Processing time of applications can take up to four weeks, depending on the position that you have applied for. Only those who are selected by a department manager to receive an interview will be contacted (all applicants who are not contacted may reapply at any time). All inquiries should be made directly to the employment center; please do not attempt to contact a member of management or human resources.
All employees of The Grand & Little America Hotels must be able to work SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
All new hires will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.