Manage Engineering operations for interior/ exterior facilities including electrical,
Refrigeration, plumbing, heating, cooling, structural, ground care and parking areas. Manage other engineering work necessary to maintain the property in an optimum and efficient condition to ensure the safety and comfort of guests and employees.
Basic Job Function____________________________________________________________
Assist Director Of Engineering in leading daily lineups; participate in weekly, monthly departmental meetings.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel features/ services, hours of operation, daily house count and expected arrivals and departures etc. To ensure work orders are scheduled around critical times.
- Attend necessary meeting and functions (in absence of D.O.E.) to show support and provide input towards the success of hotel.
- Review daily log books prior to shift and discuss any opportunities with the D.O.E before delegating work assignments
- Maintain guest rooms and public areas using the preventive maintenance program
- Maintain key control system and recycling program
- Inspect and maintain all building systems and life systems to insure minimum downtime, expense and discomfort to guests.
- Maintain a productive weekly work schedule and manage payroll to achieve forecast.
- Manage the purchasing, inventory and price value relationship of all parts and tools.
- Coordinate carpentry projects and control all painting and decorating projects
- Oversee maintenance of plumbing, grounds and landscaping, swimming pool water features, the Central plant, HVAC Systems, Kitchen facilities, refrigeration systems, laundry facilities, electrical systems, sewage systems.
- Ensure employees maintain a safe working environment
- Set standards for department image, appearance and grooming.
- Practice emergency procedures in compliance with hotel standards: react and assist in hotel emergency situations as needed.
Job Skills Required____________________________________________________________
- 5+ years’ experience in building maintenance of which 3 years shall be in a management position.
- Knowledge of all technical aspects of engineering/ maintenance
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to organize, direct, plan and control all engineering activities
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems in a timely manner.
- Ability to motivate and lead staff to achieve a common goal
- Ability to promote positive work relationships with staff and other departments.
- Ability to think clearly under high-pressure emergency situations.
How to Apply
Download an application for employment in PDF format and fax it back to us at 801-258-6010. All applications must be completed in full before being considered for a position with Grand America Hotels & Resorts. You can also email your resume and a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply in person please visit our Employment Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grand America Employment Center
520 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please enter at 520 South State Street (this is the door just left of the receiving and delivery entrance).
Processing time of applications can take up to four weeks, depending on the position that you have applied for. Only those who are selected by a department manager to receive an interview will be contacted (all applicants who are not contacted may reapply at any time). All inquiries should be made directly to the employment center; please do not attempt to contact a member of management or human resources.
All employees of The Grand & Little America Hotels must be able to work SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
All new hires will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.